ZERO WASTE BEAN SOUP
- Instant Pot
- 3 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Large Onion Diced
- 1 Carrot Diced
- 1 Small Butternut Squash Peeled and Diced
- 2 Medium Tomatoes Diced
- 5 Cloves of Garlic Smashed, Peeled, and Trimmed
- 3 Tbsp. Curry Powder or Other Spice Blend
- 4 Cups Dried Black Beans Soaked Overnight in Plenty of Water and Then Drained
- Salt To Taste
- Juice from ½ a Lemon
- Heat an Instant Pot to “Sauté” mode. When hot, add the olive oil and onions and sauté until they start to turn golden.
- Add the carrot, butternut squash, tomatoes, and garlic and sauté 1-2 minutes longer. Add the spice blend and sauté for 1 more minute, until fragrant and lightly browned.
- Add the beans and water to cover by at least 1”, stirring to loosen any browned bits from the bottom of the pot. Cover and seal the lid, and set the timer to cook under pressure for 25 minutes.
- Once cooking has finished, let the pressure release naturally. Then season to taste with salt and lemon juice.
- To serve, add a dollop of Sweet Land Farm goat cheese, a swirl of extra virgin olive oil, and a dash of hot sauce.
- Serve with a local crusty bread.