WARM SURFING GOAT DAIRY CHEVRE WITH MARINATED BEETS
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Jojo Vasquez of The Plantation House, Kapalua Maui.
Servings: 4 Salads
- Baking Sheet
- Coffee Grinder
- Baking Dish
- Mixing Bowl
- 2 Cups Surfing Goat Dairy Chevre
- 2 Medium Red Beets (Recipe Below)
- 1 Chiogga Beet (Peeled and Shaved Thin For Garnish)
- ¼ Cup Olive Oil
- 3 Tbs. Sherry Vinegar
- Macadamia Nut Dukkah (Recipe Below)
- Alaea Salt
- Edible flowers (Begonias, Nasturtium, Chive Flowers, Marigolds)
Macadamia Nut Dukkah
- 2 Tbs. Coriander Seeds
- 2 Tbs. Caraway Seeds
- 2 Tbs. Poppy Seeds
- 2 Tbs. Black Sesame Seeds
- 2 Tbs. White Sesame Seeds
- 2 Tbs. Panko
- 3 Tbs. Macadamia Nuts (Crushed)
- 1 Tbs. Fennel Seeds
- Salt and Pepper (To Taste)
Prepare Roasted Beets.
- Preheat oven to 375° F, lightly oil beets then wrap them in foil.
- Rest wrapped beets on a baking sheet and roast for about an hour or until tender through the center.
- When cool enough to handle, peel the skin and then dice beets.
Prepare Macadamia Nut Dukkah.
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Mix all ingredients and lay on a baking sheet.
- Toast in oven for 5-8 min checking not to burn.
- Blend in a coffee grinder in small batches.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Plate and Serve.
- With the oven heated to 375°, place goat cheese in a baking dish and warm for 4 min.
- In a mixing bowl, marinate beets with oil, sherry vinegar, 2 tablespoons of the dukkah, and season.
- On the plate, dollop the warm goat cheese first. Dress goat cheese with the marinated beets and add more dukkah for texture.
- Finish with Alaea salt and edible flowers.
- Serve and enjoy.