WARM SURFING GOAT DAIRY CHEVRE WITH MARINATED BEETS
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Jojo Vasquez of The Plantation House, Kapalua Maui.
Servings: 4 Salads
- 2 Cups Surfing Goat Dairy Chevre
- 2 Medium Red Beets (Recipe Below)
- 1 Chiogga Beet (Peeled and Shaved Thin For Garnish)
- ¼ Cup Olive Oil
- 3 Tbs. Sherry Vinegar
- Macadamia Nut Dukkah (Recipe Below)
- Alaea Salt
- Edible flowers (Begonias, Nasturtium, Chive Flowers, Marigolds)
Macadamia Nut Dukkah
- 2 Tbs. Coriander Seeds
- 2 Tbs. Caraway Seeds
- 2 Tbs. Poppy Seeds
- 2 Tbs. Black Sesame Seeds
- 2 Tbs. White Sesame Seeds
- 2 Tbs. Panko
- 3 Tbs. Macadamia Nuts (Crushed)
- 1 Tbs. Fennel Seeds
- Salt and Pepper (To Taste)
Prepare Roasted Beets.
Preheat oven to 375° F, lightly oil beets then wrap them in foil.
Rest wrapped beets on a baking sheet and roast for about an hour or until tender through the center.
When cool enough to handle, peel the skin and then dice beets.
Prepare Macadamia Nut Dukkah.
Preheat oven to 375° F.
Mix all ingredients and lay on a baking sheet.
Toast in oven for 5-8 min checking not to burn.
Blend in a coffee grinder in small batches.
Season with salt and pepper.
Plate and Serve.
With the oven heated to 375°, place goat cheese in a baking dish and warm for 4 min.
In a mixing bowl, marinate beets with oil, sherry vinegar, 2 tablespoons of the dukkah, and season.
On the plate, dollop the warm goat cheese first. Dress goat cheese with the marinated beets and add more dukkah for texture.
Finish with Alaea salt and edible flowers.
Serve and enjoy.