- Mortar and Pestle
- Large Bowl
- Plancha / Griddle
- 1 15 oz. Can Garbanzo Beans Drained
- 1 15 oz. Can Sweet Potatoes Drained
- 1 Clove of Garlic
- 2 tsp. Dried Parsley
- 1 tsp. Cumin
- 1 tsp. Dried Lemon Zest
- ¼ Cup Flour
- Salt and Pepper
- Oil for Cooking
- Using a mortar and pestle, grind up garlic, salt, pepper, cumin, and lemon zest.
- Drain beans and potatoes, reserve liquid.
- With clean hands, mix all ingredients in a large bowl and form 4 patties.
- Cook patties on a plancha until cooked and browned on both sides.
- Serve on a bun with ketchup and mustard packets.