VANILLA RUBBED RACK OF LAMB
Photography by edible Hawaiian Islands
Servings: 4 People
- Cast Iron Pan
- Sheet Pan
- Parchment Paper
- Rack of Lamb 1 Rack Per 2 People
- 2 Tbsp. Local Honey
- ½ tsp. Vanilla Powder by Maui Preserved
- ½ tsp. Salt
- ½ Cup Kiawe Bean Pod Flour from Wai’anae Gold
- 1½ tsp. Vanilla Powder by Maui Preserved
- 2 Tbsp. Smoked Paprika
- ½ tsp. Cumin
- ¼ tsp. Garlic Powder
- Heat oven to 425F.
- Dry lamb rack and rub with salt.
- Heat a cast-iron pan and dry sear the lamb racks to a golden brown. Remove from cast iron pan and let it cool slightly.
- Combine honey and vanilla in a bowl.
- Brush Honey vanilla mixture onto lamb racks.
- Mix dry ingredients and rub into seared lamb racks.
- Place lamb racks on a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Cook lamb racks for 10-15 minutes for medium-rare or 125F core temp, depending on the size of the rack.
- After cooking allow lamb rack to rest 10 minutes, slice, and serve.