TRIPLE BERRY PIE
- 9” Pie Pan
- 12 oz. All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Pinch Salt
- 3 oz. Unsalted Butter
- 3 oz. All-Purpose Shortening
- ½ Cup Sour Cream
- ½ Cup Ice Water
- 1 Raw Egg Scrambled
- 3 Packets Sugar in the Raw
- 12 oz. Blueberries
- 12 oz. Raspberries
- ¼ Cup Crème de Cassis ( Black Currant Liqueur )
- ¼ Cup Granulated Tapioca
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
- Gently mix flour with salt, butter, and shortening.
- Add sour cream and ice water, gently knead until all ingredients are folded into the dough. Don’t over mix.
- Place in a bowl, cover dough with a moist towel or plastic wrap, and place in refrigerator for about 1 hour.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Line a 9” pie pan, sprayed with vegetable pan coating spray, with approximately 1/2 of the prepared dough, rolled out to approximately 1/8” thick, add berry mixture, cover with remaining dough.
- Cut a 3/4” hole into the middle to allow steam from berry mixture to escape while baking. Brush with egg wash and sprinkle with raw brown sugar.
Bake and Serve.
- Bake at 375° F with fan on for 15 minutes then reduce heat to 350° F and bake until berry mixture starts bubbling, approximately 40 minutes.
- Cool and store in refrigerator until served. Garnish with vanilla-flavored whipped cream, fresh seasonal berries, raspberry sauce, and vanilla ice cream if desired.