½ cup (1 stick) butter, room temperature
½ cup granulated sugar
½ cup brown sugar
2 eggs, room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups flour
1 cup taro chips, crushed
½ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup white chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees, and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, or in a large bowl using a hand mixer cream together butter and both sugars until light and fluffy.
3. Add eggs one at a time and then beat in vanilla extract.
4. In a large bowl sift together flour, baking soda, and salt. Add taro chips and coconut. Add to the wet mixture in three additions, then stir in white chocolate chips.
5. Place about a tablespoon of batter an inch apart on the prepared baking sheets. Bake for 8-12 minutes until the edges start to brown. Cool on sheet about 5 minutes before placing on a wire cooling rack until cooled completely.