2 pounds of taro
4 cups homemade chicken stock or broth
Juice of half a lemon
½ bunch kale, stems removed and roughly chopped.
½ bunch fresh cilantro roots, stems and leaves.
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
7 cloves crushed garlic
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon ground pepper
1. Peel and cut taro into 1” cubes.
2. Heat broth in a deep pan and add taro. lemon juice and boil about 25 minutes or until tender.
3. In a large fry pan add ½ cup water and the chopped kale and cilantro along with the salt and pepper.
4. Stir over high heat until the kale has wilted. Transfer the kale-cilantro mixture to a blender and puree.
5. Melt butter in a frying pan, add garlic and fry until beginning to brown.
6. Add the pureed greens and cook for a further 5 minutes.
7. Add the kale mixture to the taro and bring to a boil. Serve and enjoy.