DO IT YOURSELF HOMEMADE MAYONNAISE
- 4 Egg Yolks
- 1¼ cup Light Olive Oil (Or Other Oil Of Preference)
- 1/2 tsp. Salt (Or To Taste)
- 2 Tbs. Lemon Juice (Approximately. 1/2 Lemon Or To Taste)
- 1/2 tsp. Dry Mustard (Optional)
- Bring all ingredients to room temperature. Separate egg yolks from whites.
- Place the egg yolks in the blender jar, adding the salt, a splash of lemon juice, and a teaspoon of olive oil. Add the mustard, if using.
- Give the mixture a few quick pulses to start the blending.
- Very, very slowly drizzle in the oil while blending. This process should take 2-3 minutes.
- Blend in the rest of the lemon juice. If the mayonnaise appears loose, keep in mind it will further set as it chills in the refrigerator. Tip: If the mayonnaise breaks (separates after the oil is added) it can be saved! Place an egg yolk and 1 teaspoon tepid water in a clean bowl or blender glass. While whisking/blending, slowly add the broken mayonnaise until incorporated, then whisk/blend in about 1/4 cup more oil.