KAUAI SHRIMP, CLAMS, AND FRESH ISLAND FISH IN THAI COCONUT BROTH
Photograph by Monica SchwartzRecipe created by Ron Miller in collaboration with Viren Olson and Regie Anical
Shrimp, Clams, & Fresh Island Fish
- 12 Clams
- 6 oz. Thai Coconut Broth (Recipe Below)
- 8 Kauai Shrimp (Peeled And Deveined; Heads Removed For The Stock)
- 8 oz. Fresh Island Fish
Thai Coconut Broth
- 3 Kaffir Lime Leaves
- 2 oz. Ginger (Chopped)
- 1/2 Cup Cilantro (Chopped)
- 2 Stalks Lemongrass (Chopped)
- 12 oz. Coconut Milk
- 6 oz. Sherry
- 1 tsp. White Pepper
- 1 Tbs. Tomato Paste
- 1 lb. Shrimp Heads And Shells
- 1/4 lb. Onion (Chopped)
- 1/4 lb. Carrots (Chopped)
- 1/4 lb. Celery (Chopped)
- 6 Black Peppercorns
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1/2 gal. Water
Prepare Thai Coconut Broth.
- Combine all broth ingredients and simmer until reduced by half.
- Pour through a strainer and then use it in the shrimp, clams, and fish preparation.
Prepare Shrimp, Clams, & Fresh Island Fish.
- Place the clams and broth in a pan on high heat. Once most of the clams are open, add the shrimp and fish. Cook until the shrimp are almost cooked through.
- Garnish with fresh Thai basil and chopped cilantro.