DIY: HOMEMADE BUTTER
- Blender or Hand Whisk or Mason Jar
- Cheese Cloth
- 12 Cups Unsweetened Cream (Will yield half the amount in butter)
- Optional ingredients may include salt and any variety of herbs. (Have fun with it!)
- Blend. You can use a blender, hand whisk, or mason jar to blend, whisk or shake. Do so until the liquid separates from the fat.
- Using a cheesecloth, squeeze as much water from the butter as you can. Rinse the butter with fresh cold water until it runs clear.
- Add salt and herbs as desired, and mix by hand. You can press the butter into any type of mold you would like.
- Refrigerate until needed. Butter will keep fresh for up to two weeks.