SWEET POTATO LUMPIA WITH A SWEET CHILI COCONUT DIPPING SAUCE
- Steamer Basket
- Small Saucepan
- Fryer Or Deep Pot For Frying
- 5 lbs. Sweet Potatoes
- 1½ Cups Coconut Milk
- 1 tsp. Butter
- Salt and Pepper
Wrapper and Frying
- 1 pkg. Lumpia Wrappers
- 2 Eggs (Beaten)
- Oil (For Deep Frying)
Sweet Chili Coconut Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Sweet Chili Sauce
- 1 Stalk of Lemongrass (Minced)
- 2 Tbs. Honey
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Milk
- Steam sweet potato until soft (approx. 30-40 min.); cool and skin.
- In a small saucepan, add coconut milk and butter, heat until butter melts.
- Mash sweet potatoes slowly adding the coconut milk and butter mixture, making sure that the potatoes stay stiff and not too creamy. Season with salt and pepper.
Wrapping And Frying.
- Place a single sheet of the lumpia wrapper on a flat dry surface.
- Add the potato mixture (approx. 3 Tbs.). Roll wrapper into a lumpia, sealing the ends with the beaten egg mixture.
- Heat oil to 350 degrees, fry lumpia golden brown, cool, and drain on a paper towel.
Prepare Dipping Sauce.
- Mix sweet chili sauce, minced lemongrass, honey, and coconut milk.
- Plate cooled lumpia with dipping sauce and enjoy!