STEAK & MUSHROOM HARISA
- 8 oz. Flank Steak
- 6 oz. Organic Beans
- 1 Local Tomato (Cubed)
- 2 Celery Stalks (Chopped)
- 2 oz. Mushrooms (Chopped)
- 1 Shallot (Thinly Sliced)
- 1 Garlic Clove (Thinly Sliced)
- 1 tsp. Harissa
- 1 Bunch Fresh Mint (Roughly Chopped)
- Olive Oil
- Kosher Salt
- Black Pepper
- Rinse vegetables and beans under cold water, then heat a pot over high heat for 1 minute.
- Add 1 tsp. of oil and add the mushrooms to the pot; let them cook on one side for 3-4 minutes so they can caramelize before turning.
- Add 3 C. of water and pepper to the pot.
- Add harissa to the pot of ragout. Stir well and reduce the heat to low so the ragout simmers.
- Once the liquid reduces by half, taste the ragout for seasoning. Add salt and pepper if necessary. Bring the pan to high heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Add 1 tsp. of oil and season the steak with salt and pepper on both sides. Sear the steak for 5-6 minutes on each side and let the steak rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
Serve And Enjoy.
- Serve with the warm ragout and fresh mint leaves. Enjoy!