Recipe by Will Chen
8 oz. flank steak
6 oz. organic beans
1 local tomato, cubed
2 celery stalks, chopped
2 oz. mushrooms, chopped
1 shallot, thinly sliced
1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
1 tsp. harisa
1 bunch fresh mint, roughly chopped olive oil
1. Rinse vegetables and beans under cold water, then heat a pot over high heat for 1 minute.
2. Add 1 tsp. of oil and add the mushrooms to the pot; let them cook on one side for 3-4 minutes so they can caramelize before turning.
3. Add 3 C. of water and pepper to the pot.
4. Add harisa to the pot of ragout. Stir well and reduce the heat to low so the ragout simmers.
5. Once the liquid reduces by half, taste the ragout for seasoning. Add salt and pepper if necessary. Bring the pan to high heat for 1-2 minutes.
6. Add 1 tsp. of oil and season the steak with salt and pepper on both sides. Sear the steak for 5-6 minutes on each side and let the steak rest for 5 minutes before slicing. Serve with the warm ragout and fresh mint leaves. Enjoy!