SMOKED TOMATO GIN WITH ROASTED GARLIC
Photo by Carolina Korman
Servings: 1 Cocktail
- Cocktail Shaker
- Air Tight Container
- 2 oz. Smoked Tomato Gin
- 3/4 oz. Fresh Lime Juice
- 3/4 oz. Agave Syrup (1:1 Ratio Of Agave To Water)
- 3 Cherry Tomatoes
- 2 Large Basil Leaves
- 1 Clove Of Roasted Garlic (Peeled)
Prepare Smoked Tomato Gin.
- To smoke the tomatoes: Add ½ lb. of fresh cherry tomatoes in foil on a BBQ with wood chips, vent the foil. Smoke tomatoes for 15 minutes, cool.
- Add half a pound of smoked tomatoes with one 750 ml bottle of gin into an air tight container and let it sit in a cool dry place for five days and strain back into the bottle.
- Muddle all ingredients together except the gin and garnish.
- Add the gin to ice and shake, then double strain into a coup (cocktail shaker) without ice.
- Then place the roasted garlic in the bottom of the coup and add the sprig of flowering garlic chive as a garnish. Enjoy!