SHOYU ‘AHI POKE
- 1 lb. Fresh Sashimi-Grade 'Ahi Steak Chilled and Cut Into 1-Inch Cubes
- 1½ Tbsp. Soy Sauce Shoyu - Plus More To Taste
- 1 Tbsp. Sesame Oil
- 3¼ tsp. Hawaiian Salt 'Alaea - Plus More To Taste
- ¼ Cup Maui or Yellow Onion Thinly Sliced
- ½ Cup Green Onions Green Parts Only - Chopped
- ⅛ tsp. Gochugaru
- 1 Tbsp. Toasted Macadamia Nuts Finely Chopped
- 2 Cups Steamed Rice For Serving
- In a bowl, combine the cubed ‘ahi, soy sauce, sesame oil, salt, Maui onion, green onions, gochugaru, and toasted macadamia nuts and gently toss with your hands or a wooden spoon. Adjust the seasoning to your liking.
- Serve over rice and enjoy immediately.