Recipe by Stephen Rouelle
Photograph by Anna Pacheco
2 C. + . C. coconut water, raw
1 C. cashews, raw
3 Tbs. coconut oil
3 Tbsp. + 1 Tbs. Nama soy sauce (raw soy sauce)
1 kaffir lime leaf
1 Tbs. + 1 tsp. ginger, fresh, peeled and clean
2 cloves garlic
1 Hawaiian chili pepper
½ C. shredded raw coconut
½ C. thin-sliced carrots
½ C. bok choy, sliced thin
½ C. shiitake mushrooms, sliced thin
1. Place the shredded coconut, 1 Tbs. coconut oil, kaffir lime leaf, garlic, ginger, chili pepper and cilantro into a food processor and chop until it’s a smooth paste.
2. Add this Thai chili paste from the food processor to the blender (Vita-Mix Blender or a blender of equal power) and blend the mix until smooth and creamy.
3. Place the cashews, 2 C. coconut water, 1 Tbs. coconut oil and 3 Tbs. Nama soy sauce into a Vita-Mix blender to make the coconut cream.
4. Combine 1 Tbs. Nama soy sauce, 1 Tbs. coconut oil, 1 pinch minced garlic, and 1 pinch of minced ginger with . C. coconut water to make the vegetable marinade.
5. Pour the marinade over the fresh raw veggies and toss; hold in refrigeration.
6. Place 8 oz. of coconut cream broth into a bowl, place 3 Tbs. of marinated veggie mix into the soup. Top with fresh cilantro.