RAW VEGAN TOM YUM SOUP
Photograph by Anna Pacheco
Servings: 4 People
- Food Processor
- 2 Cup + Cup Coconut Water (Raw)
- 1 Cup Cashews (Raw)
- 3 Tbs. Coconut Oil
- 3 Tbs. + 1 Tbs. Nama Soy Sauce (Raw Soy Sauce)
- 1 Kaffir Lime Leaf
- 1 Tbs. + 1 tsp. Ginger (Fresh, Peeled and Clean)
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Hawaiian Chili Pepper
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Raw Coconut
- 1/2 Cup Thin-Sliced Carrots
- 1/2 Cup Bok Choy (Sliced Thin)
- 1/2 Cup Shiitake Mushrooms (Sliced Thin)
- Place the shredded coconut, 1 Tbs. coconut oil, kaffir lime leaf, garlic, ginger, chili pepper, and cilantro into a food processor and chop until it’s a smooth paste.
- Add this Thai chili paste from the food processor to the blender and blend the mix until smooth and creamy.
- Place the cashews, 2 C. coconut water, 1 Tbs. coconut oil and 3 Tbs. Nama soy sauce into a blender to make the coconut cream.
- Combine 1 Tbs. Nama soy sauce, 1 Tbs. coconut oil, 1 pinch minced garlic, and 1 pinch of minced ginger with . C. coconut water to make the vegetable marinade.
- Pour the marinade over the fresh raw veggies and toss; hold in refrigeration.
- Place 8 oz. of coconut cream broth into a bowl, place 3 Tbs. of marinated veggie mix into the soup. Top with fresh cilantro. Enjoy!