RAW VEGAN “CHICKEN NOODLE” SOUP
Photograph by Anna Pacheco
Servings: 4 People
- Plastic Or Glass Container
- 1 Cup Tomatoes (Fresh Diced Small)
- 1/2 Cup + 1 Tbs. Celery (Diced)
- 1/2 Cup + 1 Tbs. Carrot (Diced)
- 1 Tbs. Onion (Diced)
- 1/2 Tbs. Turmeric (Fresh, Sliced)
- 1 Tbs. + 1 tsp. Parsley (Chopped)
- 3 Sprigs Thyme
- 1/4 tsp. Pepper (Ground)
- 2 Cups Water
- 1 Tbs. Olive Oil (Extra Virgin Cold-Pressed)
- 3 Tbs. Braggs Liquid Aminos
- 1 Medium Zucchini
- 1 tsp. Sea Salt
- For the stock add the tomato, 1⁄2 C. celery, 1⁄2 C. carrots, onion, 1 Tbs. parsley, turmeric, pepper, thyme, Braggs, water, and olive oil into a Vita-Mix and blend until smooth. Reserve and refrigerate.
- For the “noodles,” slice the green skin off the four sides of the zucchini, dice the skin into a fine dice, and reserve for garnish.
- Slice the white of the zucchini in half so you have two 3 in. long rectangles. Slice each piece lengthwise into 1⁄4 in. slices then slice again into 1⁄4 in. long “noodles.” Place the noodles into a plastic or glass container and salt. Gently toss the noodles taking care to not break them. The salt will extract the water and wilt the zucchini into a noodle texture. Pour off excess water after 10-15 minutes; reserve and refrigerate.
- For the vegetable garnish, dice 1 Tbs. carrot into 1⁄4 in. x 1⁄4 in. fine dice and add to the diced zucchini skin. Dice 1 Tbs. celery into 1⁄4 in. x 1⁄4 in. fine dice; add to the zucchini-carrot mix. Mince the remaining thyme and parsley.
- To complete, place 8 oz. of stock in a bowl; place 1⁄4 of the zucchini noodles in the center of the stock. Sprinkle around the noodles with the finely diced vegetables and herbs and serve.