- Peeler or Spoon
- Medium Pot
- 1 Maui Gold Pineapple
- 1 Knob of Fresh Hawaiian-Grown Ginger (thumb-size)
- 2 tsp. Local Honey
- Wash pineapple and remove crown (top), which can be replanted.
- Cut and remove skin from pineapple.
- Peel ginger with knife or spoon and slice to ½ inch slices.
- Add pineapple skin and ginger to a medium pot and cover with water.
- Cover and bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Cool tea, remove pineapple skins and ginger, then stir in honey until dissolved.
- Serve tea cold or hot. Add fresh mint or basil for garnish.