PEPEEKEO BANANAS FOSTER
- Sauté Pan
- Wand Lighter
- 6 Tbs. Unsalted Butter
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 6 Bananas (Peeled and cut in half lengthwise and crosswise)
- 1 Cup Dark Rum
- Zest Of 1 Lime
- 1/2 Cup Unsweetened Coconut Cream
- 6 Scoops Vanilla Ice Cream
- Heat a sauté pan over high heat, add butter, and cook until the butter is brown and most of the foam has subsided. Reduce heat to medium-high and add sugar, stirring constantly to avoid burning. Cook until sugar dissolves, less than 1 minute.
- Add bananas and cook for 1 minute on each side.
- Transfer 4 pieces of banana into each of 6 individual serving bowls.
Prepare Flambé Sauce
- Carefully add rum to the hot butter-sugar mixture, stirring continuously. If the sugar is very hot, the rum might flame up on its own. Otherwise, flambé using a wand lighter. If sugar crystals form, they will mostly dissolve as you continue to stir the sauce.
- When the flames subside, stir in lime zest and coconut cream.
- Add a scoop of ice cream to the bananas in each bowl. Spoon sauce over bananas and ice cream. Enjoy!