- Medium Sauté Pan
- Medium Pot
- Small Bowl
- 6 oz. Filet Opakapaka
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 4 oz. Puttanesca Sauce Recipe Below
- ¼ Cup Fennel Salad Recipe Below
- 1 Tbsp. Lemon Oil
- Italian Parsley Leaves 5 Per Serving
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 2 Cloves of Garlic Chopped
- 1 Tbsp. Anchovies Chopped
- ¼ tsp. Crushed Red Pepper Flake
- ½ Cup Oil Cured Black Olives Sliced
- 2 Tbsp. Capers
- 4 Cups Kamuela Tomatoes Concasse Blanched, Peeled, Seeded, and Chopped
- 1 Bulb Fennel Shaved and Fronds
- 1 Lemon Juiced
- 2 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt To Taste
Prepare Puttanesca Sauce.
- In a medium pot, heat oil.
- Add garlic, anchovy, and red pepper flake. Sauté until garlic is tender and anchovy has melted into the oil.
- Add olives, capers, and tomatoes. Simmer for about 30 minutes.
Prepare Fennel Salad.
- In a small bowl, add shaved fennel, fronds, lemon juice, and olive oil.
- Mix together and season to taste.
Prepare Fish and Plate.
- Season fish with salt and pepper.
- Heat a medium sauté pan on high heat. Add olive oil.
- Sear the fish presentation side first. Once golden brown (about 2-3 minutes) flip fish. Cook for another 2-3 minutes or until golden brown on both sides.
- Ladle puttanesca sauce into a bowl. Place fish on top. Put fennel salad on fish. Drizzle lemon oil around fish. Garnish with parsley.
- Serve and Enjoy!