PAN ROASTED BRUSSELS SPROUTS ISLAND STYLE
- Heavy Bottom Skillet (Cast Iron Frying Pan Works Best, But Any Oven Proof Dish Will Work)
- 1 lb. Brussels Sprouts (Remove outer leaves, Brussels sprouts may be left whole or cut in half. I usually leave the marble-sized ones whole and cut in 1/2 when they get closer to the size of a ping pong ball 3-4 oz.)
- 1/2 Maui Onion (Thinly Sliced)
- 3 oz. Or 1/2 Red Bell Pepper (Thinly Sliced)
- 1" Piece Of Ginger (Peeled, Thinly Sliced, And Julienne)
- 5 Cloves of Garlic (Peeled And Thinly Sliced)
- 1/4 tsp. Chili Pepper Flakes
- 1 tsp. Rock Salt
- 1 oz. Parmesan Reggiano (Thinly Sliced And Optional)
- 1 oz. Olive Oil
- Marinate Brussels sprouts in olive oil and chili pepper flakes. Preheat oven to 475 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place Brussels sprouts in a heavy bottom skillet.
- Place in hot oven.
- Turn when dark brown (About 10 minutes). Add garlic slices.
- Cook until Brussels sprouts begin to get soft (about 5 more minutes). Add ginger, salt, Maui onions, and red bell peppers.
- Cook 2-3 minutes.
- Add Parmesan if desired and serve!