PAELLA FRIED RICE
- Large Wok or Cast-Iron Skillet
- Rice Cooker
- 12 Shrimp Recipe Below - Make Ahead of Time
- 1 lb. Chicken Breast Tenders Diced
- ½ lb. Portuguese Sausage Diced
- 1 Red Onion Sliced
- 3 Cloves of Garlic Minced
- ⅛ Cup Tamari
- 1 Cup Grape Tomatoes Halved
- 2 Packed Cups Spinach Leaves
- 2 + 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 Roasted Red Pepper Recipe Below - Make Ahead of Time
- ½ Cup Chopped Scallion
- ½ Cup Water
- ⅓ Gram Saffron Threads
- 2½ Cups Chicken Stock
- 1½ Cups Jasmine Rice
Prepare Saffron Rice.
- Boil ½ cup water and pour over saffron threads. Stir/steep until yellow and room temp.
- Cook saffron tea, chicken stock, and rice in a rice cooker
Prepare Roasted Red Pepper.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and roast 1 whole red pepper until skin turns black (20 minutes).
- Steam in a covered bowl, peel, de-seed, and slice.
- Prep a large wok or cast-iron skillet over high heat. Sautee shrimp with 2 tablespoons olive oil until pink, remove, and set aside.
- Stir-fry Portuguese sausage until oil renders, half-cooked.
- Add garlic, onions, 1 tablespoon olive oil, and chicken, allowing to brown one side, then stir fry until cooked.
- Add rice and drizzle tamari. Stir-fry but don’t over stir.
- When rice is steaming add the tomatoes and spinach, toss a few times and it’s done.
- Garnish with shrimp, red peppers, and scallions.
- Serve and enjoy!