OLIVE OIL CAKE
- 9” Springform Pan
- Parchment Paper
- Medium Bowl
- Stand Mixer With Whisk Attachment
- Wire Rack
- ½ Cup Almond Flour
- 1¾ Cup Cake Flour
- 2 tsp. Baking Powder
- ¼ tsp. Baking Soda
- ½ tsp. Kosher Salt
- 3 Eggs Room Temperature
- ¾ Cup Sugar Plus More for Dusting
- 1½ Tbsp. Lemon & Orange Zest
- 2 Tbsp. Fresh Lemon Juice
- 2 Tbsp. Fresh Orange Juice
- ¼ Cup Milk Room Temperature
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1¼ Cup Fresh Extra Virgin Olive Oil Plus More To Drizzle On Top
- Preheat oven to 400° F and set up to bake on the middle rack. Spray a 9” springform pan with baking spray and line bottom with parchment paper. Spray the parchment lined bottom and sides and then sprinkle the sides with a light dusting of sugar.
- Mix the first 5 ingredients together in medium bowl, set aside. Using a stand mixer on low speed with a whisk attachment, add eggs, and whisk for 1 minute. Add sugar, lemon, and orange zest to mixer and whisk on high speed until mixture turns a pale yellow color with a ribbon-like texture, about 3 minutes. Turn mixer down to a medium speed, add in the olive oil in a slow stream until thoroughly mixed.
- Add the rest of the wet ingredients until just mixed. Add the dry ingredients a little at a time until just incorporated, being sure to scrape the sides of the bowl to mix thoroughly but gently.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan and sprinkle the entire top with a generous dusting of sugar (about 2-3 tablespoons).
- Set cake on the middle oven rack and drop the oven temperature down to 350°. Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean or with a couple of soft crumbs.
- Remove cake from oven and let cool in pan for 15 minutes on a wire rack. Delicately remove springform ring by unlatching the hinge and lifting off carefully (This should come off quite easily, but if there is any sticking you can run a thin knife along the edge to separate the cake from the pan.)
- Poke holes evenly around the entire top of the cake with a toothpick and drizzle a couple tablespoons more olive oil on top. Let cake cool on rack for about an hour.
- This olive oil cake can be enjoyed warm or room temperature and keeps well for a few days in a covered cake stand or wrapped in plastic wrap. Serve simply or enjoy with sweetened whipped cream and fresh berries cooked in one of our fruit balsamics for a real treat!