‘OLENA & GINGER INFUSED HONEY
- Knife or Vegetable Peeler
- Knife or Fine Grater
- Food Processor or Mortar and Pestle
- Strainer (optional)
- 1 Cup Filtered Honey
- 1 ½-inch Piece Fresh 'Olena (turmeric) Root
- 1 ½-inch Piece Fresh Ginger Root
- Using a knife or vegetable peeler, scrape the skins of the `olena and ginger from the root and discard.
- Finely grate the roots, or slice them into very thin pieces and place them in a small food processor or mortar and pestle.
- Grind or process until the roots are finely ground. Mix with honey and let infuse, covered, out of the sun, until the desired potency is reached (1-7 days).
- After infusing, leave roots in honey, or strain out, as desired. Use in every way you’d normally enjoy honey.