MAKE YOUR OWN KETCHUP
- Medium-Sized Pot
- VitaMix or Blender
- Glass Mason Jar
- 1 tsp. Oil
- 2 Cloves of Garlic Minced
- 1 Medium Maui Onion Diced
- 2 lbs. Tomatoes Chopped
- ¼ Cup Brown Sugar
- ¼ Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- ½ tsp. Chili Powder
- ¼ tsp. Fresh Minced Ginger
- ¼ tsp. Ground Allspice
- ¼ tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- Heat a medium-size pot over medium to low heat.
- Add oil, garlic, and onions, and sauté until translucent, about 5 minutes. Do not allow the onion mixture to brown or burn.
- Add tomatoes, brown sugar, and apple cider vinegar.
- Bring to a slow boil, then lower to a simmer and break up the whole tomatoes.
- Add remaining ingredients and continue to simmer uncovered for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until very thick.
- Remove from heat, cool, and transfer to a VitaMix. Blend until smooth.
- Store in a glass mason jar. The ketchup will thicken when chilled.
2. Adjust spices to your taste.
3. Makes a great hostess gift.