KUKUI MACADAMIA NUT CHICKEN WITH A TURMERIC BANANA CURRY SAUCE
Canoe Crops: Kukui – Candlenut, `Olena – Turmeric, Niu – Coconut, Mai‘a – Banana
Servings: 4 People
- Sauté Pan
- 4 pcs. Chicken Breast
- 1 Cup Panko
- 1/4 Cup Roasted Macadamia Nuts (Diced)
- 1/4 Cup Kukui Nut / Inamona (Diced)
- 2 Eggs (Beaten)
- 1/4 Cup Flour
- 1 Tbs. Turmeric Powder
- 1½ Cups Coconut Milk
- 2 Tbs. Sambal
- 2 Tbs. Curry Powder
- 3 Cloves Garlic (Minced)
- 1 Small Piece Ginger (Minced)
- 1 Stalk Lemongrass (Minced)
- 3 Bananas (Cut Into 1-inch Pieces)
- 4 Tbs. Corn Starch Mixed With 4 Tbs. Water (To Make Slurry)
- Salt and Pepper
- Mix panko with macadamia nuts and kukui nuts.
- Place beaten eggs in a separate bowl.
- Salt and pepper chicken breasts.
- Dip chicken breasts in flour, followed by the egg batter, then in panko/mac nut/kukui breading mix, place on the side.
- Heat a skillet with cooking oil, sautée chicken until crust is golden brown.
- Placed cooked chicken on a baking sheet, and bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
Prepare Curry Sauce.
- Heat minced garlic, ginger, lemongrass in a sautée pan for a few minutes, then add bananas, coconut milk, turmeric, sambal, and curry powder. Heat until boiling, then add cornstarch slurry to thicken.
- Plate cooked chicken on a platter and pour banana curry sauce over. Enjoy!