JANA MCMAHON’S FRESH CORN POLENTA
- Large Saucepan
- Slotted Spoon
- Food Processor, Blender, Or Immersion Blender
- Cast Iron Pan
- 6 Ears Of Corn
- 3 Cups Water
- 3 Tbs. Butter (Cubed)
- 1/4 Cup Baby Heirloom Tomatoes (If tomatoes are too big, slice in half.)
- 1/2 tsp. Fresh Thyme (Chopped)
- 1/2 tsp. Sea Salt
- Black Pepper (To Taste)
- Shuck corn and cut kernels off the cob. Place the kernels in a large saucepan and cover with the water. Cook for 12 minutes on a low simmer. Use a slotted spoon to lift the kernels from the water. Save the cooking liquid and reserve ½ C. of the corn kernels in a separate bowl.
- Put cooked corn into a food processor, blender, or immersion blender. Pulse for a few seconds, aiming for a medium smooth texture. Add back some of the cooking liquid a tablespoon at a time so the mixture stays silky and not too dry.
- Place the corn purée in a cast iron pan with the cooking liquid and cook, while stirring, on low heat for 10 minutes. This holds beautifully on the back of the grill while you are grilling the rest of the meal.
- Fold in the butter, ½ C. of reserved corn kernels, thyme, salt, and pepper to taste, and cook for 2 more minutes. Top with fresh baby heirloom tomatoes and serve.