ICED GOLDEN MILK
Written by Michelle T.M. Lee.Photography by Edible Hawaiian Islands.As with any recipe, you can adjust ingredients to your own taste. In the edible Hawaiian Islands test kitchen we modified this recipe 8 different times. We also preferred using fresh coconut milk rather than almond or macadamia nut milk due to the fat content. Using powdered turmeric and powdered ginger were also good substitutes, if you can’t access fresh. And it was delicious hot but in the warm Hawaiian weather, iced is even better.
Servings: 2 8 oz. Drinks
- Small Saucepan
- 2 Cups Non-Dairy Milk
- 2 3 Inch Cinnamon Sticks
- 2" Peeled Ground Fresh Turmeric
- 2" Peeled Ground Fresh Ginger
- 2 Tbs. Local Honey
- 2 tsp. Homemade Vanilla Extract
- ½ tsp. Coarse Ground Black Peppercorns
- ½ tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- Combine all ingredients except ground cinnamon in a small saucepan and heat to a simmer.
- Remove from heat, cool, and chill.
- Serve over ice and top with ground cinnamon.