RECIPE COURTESY OF GIDA SNYDER, CHEF/ FOUNDER OF SLOW ISLAND FOOD & BEVERAGE CO.
HOMEMADE GARLIC SALT
- Garlic & Salt Use 2 oz peeled garlic to 12 oz sea salt a 1:6 ratio
- Peel Garlic (Cut root end off of cloves)
- Pulse garlic cloves in a food processor until garlic is a paste
- Using gloved hands, thoroughly mix garlic paste into salt until evenly incorporated.
- Spread salt and garlic mixture in an even layer no more than an 1/2 inch thick on a parchment lined sheet pan and bake in a 180 Degree Fahrenheit oven until completely dry to the touch. (3-5 hours) (Alternatively, you can use a food dehydrator at its highest setting but it will take longer)
- Allow garlic salt to cool outside of the oven, then transfer to a dry bowl and use gloved hands to break up any clumps.
- Jar and seal in an air tight container.
Use within a month or bag and freeze for later use. Gida Snyder is based on Kauai and the Chef/ Founder of Slow Island Food & Beverage Co. MAKING THIS RECIPE?
Share it with us on Instagram using #ediblehi so we can see what you’re cooking in your kitchen!