HOME BREWED CALAMANSI GINGER ALE
- Plastic Bottle
- 3-Inch Piece Of Fresh Ginger (Peeled And Grated Fine)
- 2 Cup Water (Plus More To Fill Bottle)
- 12 tsp. Hawaiian Honey (Or Cane Sugar)
- 6 Tbs. Calamansi Juice (Fresh Squeezed)
- 1/8 tsp. Dry Champagne Yeast
CALAMANSI GINGER ALE
- Heat: To make the syrup add all ingredients to a pot. Bring to a quick boil, stirring to incorporate.
- Carbonate: Allow mixture to cool, strain, and pour into a plastic bottle using a funnel. Sprinkle in yeast to start the carbonation process. Top off with enough water to fill, leaving 2” from the top. Very gently shake to incorporate.
- Wait and Refrigerate: Let the bottle sit at room temperature, away from the sun or heat, for 12-24 hours, checking often. When sufficient carbonation has accumulated the bottle will feel solid with very little give; refrigerate immediately to stop the process. Over carbonation can occur and bottles can burst if not monitored.
- Contents will be under pressure, use caution when opening the bottle for the first time. The soda will keep up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator.