HAWAIIAN BREAKFAST ‘ULU WITH BUTTER & CANE SUGAR
- Baking Dish
- Shallow Bowl
- 1 Ripe 'Ulu
- ¼ Cup Naked Cow Dairy Butter
- ¼ Cup Brown Sugar
- Wash and dry a ripe ‘ulu and remove the core by pulling the stem. If the stem doesn’t come out easily, your ‘ulu may not be ripe enough. It must be yellow or brown.
- Fill cavity with butter and brown sugar. Cover ‘ulu with foil and place in a baking dish filled with 2 cups water.
- Bake for 1 hour at 325 degrees.
- To serve, unwrap and cut in half lengthwise. Bring to the table in a shallow bowl. With a large spoon, scoop out ‘ulu, making sure each piece is topped with some of the sugar and butter.