HAWAIIAN BLOODY MARY WITH KAUAI PRAWNS AND OCEAN VODKA MIST
Photography by Sean Michael Hower
Servings: 4 People
- Small Saucepot
- Clear Glass Bowls
- Sauté Pan
- 8 Pieces of Kauai Prawns ( Heads On ) Shells Cleaned (Reserved)
- 1 Liter Bloody Mary Sauce Recipe Follows
- 1 Ripe Avocado Small Dice
- ½ Cup Ogo Rinsed
- 2 Pieces of Red Radish Julienned
- 2 Tbsp. Wasabi
- Ocean Codka In Spray Mister For Table Side Presentation
- Cilantro Leaves For Garnish
Hawaiian Bloody Mary
- 3 Large Ripe Kula Tomatoes Seeded, Blended, and Strained
- 1 Cup Shrimp Stock Recipe Below
- 2 Tbsp. Sugar
- 2 Cups V8 Juice
- 2 oz. Celery Chopped
- 2 oz. Onion Chopped
- 2 Tbsp. Worcestershire
- 1 oz. Garlic Minced
- 1 oz. Horseradish
- ½ Lemon Juiced
- Salt and Pepper
Prepare Shrimp Stock.
- In a small saucepot, sauté some minced onion and garlic with the reserved shrimp heads.
- When shells change color, add 1 cup of cold water and slowly bring up to boil, for 5 min.
- Season, strain, and reserve for recipe.
Prepare Bloody Mary.
- Marinate all ingredients for at least 30 min in the refrigerator.
- Blend and pass-thru strainer, adjust seasoning.
Plating and Presentation.
- In clear glass bowls, arrange the diced avocado, ogo, and radish.
- In a sauté pan, add a splash of oil and sauté prawns on both sides.
- Lean 2 prawns per bowl against arranged ingredients and ladle on Bloody Mary sauce over everything.
- Apply a little wasabi on the rim of the bowls and garnish with cilantro leaves.