HANA SWEET POTATO SOUP WITH COCONUT CURRY CANDIED GINGER
- Stock Pot
- Vita-Mix or Blender
Hana Sweet Potato Soup with Coconut Curry and Candied Ginger
- 1 lb. Local Purple Sweet Potato
- 1 Cup Leeks (Chopped and Washed)
- 1 Tbs. Lemongrass (Chopped)
- 1 Tbs. Ginger (Peeled and Chopped)
- 1 Tbs. Kaffir Lime Leaves (Chopped)
- 1 Tbs. Garlic (Chopped)
- 3 Qt. Cold Water
- Sea Salt (To Taste)
- 2 Cups Fresh Coconut Milk
- 2 Tbs. Dry Curry Powder
Prepare Hana Sweet Potato Soup with Coconut Curry and Candied Ginger.
- Add all ingredients to stock pot and simmer until potatoes are tender.
- Let cool then blend with vita-mix or stick blender until desired consistency.
- Add sea salt to taste and let rest if soup gets too thick just add water to a thick creamy consistency.
Prepare Coconut Curry.
- In a saucepan, combine coconut milk and curry powder.
- Heat and reduce to half.
Garnish and Serve.
- Heat soup and garnish with coconut curry and candied ginger.