GREEN PAPAYA SALAD
Recipe and Photo by Jana McMahon
- 1 Large Green Papaya (Peeled and Grated)
- 2 Medium Carrots (Peeled and Grated)
- ½ Cup Unsalted Roasted Macadamia Nuts or Peanuts (Rough Chopped)
- ¼ Cup Cilantro (Rough Chopped)
- Fried Pork Rinds (Lightly Crushed)
- Juice of 3 Limes (¼-⅓ Cup)
- 2 Tbs. Fish Sauce
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 1-2 Red Thai Chili (Seeded Or To Taste - *Very Spicy*)
- 2 Tbs. Palm Sugar (Or Any Granular Sugar of Choice)
- 15 Mint Leaves
- 1 Kaffir Lime Leaf (Optional)
In a food processor or high-speed blender (VitaMix), start with lime, sugar, and garlic. Process until the garlic is finely ground and the sugar is dissolved.
Add the fish sauce, chili and mint leaves to the lime mixture and blend until well incorporated.
Taste. You may need to make some adjustments while seeking a balance between sweet, salty, sour, and spicy.
Mix and Serve.
Remove papaya and carrot from colander to a large mixing bowl.
Add the dressing and mix well.
Finish with chopped macadamia nuts and fresh cilantro.
Top with pork rind crumble.
Serve and enjoy.