Photography by Mieko Hoffman
- Kole Fish (Scaled, Cleaned, Pat Dry)
- Hawaiian Salt (As Needed)
- Canola Oil (As Needed)
- Soy Sauce
- Hawaiian Chili Pepper
- Fill wok with enough canola oil to deep-fry Kole. Fry the Kole over medium heat; while fish is frying, season with Hawaiian salt. Cook until golden brown, about 3-5 minutes on the first side.
- When the first side is cooked, flip and season other the side with Hawaiian salt. Continue to cook the other side for 3 minutes. When fish is thoroughly crispy and golden, remove and set it on a plate lined with paper towels, allow oil to drain.
- Mix soy sauce and Hawaiian chili pepper in a bowl, and use as a dipping sauce. Enjoy!