FRESH PINEAPPLE PIE
- 9” Pie Pan
Pastry ( 2 Crusts )
- 1 Medium to Large Pineapple
- 2 Eggs Slightly Beaten
- 1 Cup Cane Sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp. Grated Lime Zest
- 3 Tbsp. Passion Fruit Pulp
- ⅛ tsp. Salt
- Cut peeled and cored pineapple into bite-size chunks.
- Place eggs in a bowl and beat in sugar, cornstarch, lime zest, passion fruit puree, and salt. Add pineapple chunks to wet mixture.
- Turn into pastry-lined 9” pie pan. Adjust top crust; flute edges and cut vents. I like to use the extra pastry dough and make a pineapple cut out on top of the crust. Brush top of pie with egg wash.
- Bake at 425F for approximately 45 minutes.
- Check this pie about halfway through to assure the edges aren’t too brown. If so, make a foil collar and cover the edges for the rest of the bake time.