EGGPLANT WITH PONZU & EDAMAME
- Nonstick Pan
- Shallow Bowl
- Small Saucepan
- 2 Medium Eggplant Cut Into ½ Inch Planks
- ½ Cup Edamame Shelled
- 2 Oranges Peeled and Segmented
- Pickled Chilies Recipe Below
- Ponzu As Needed
- Garlic Chives Garnish
- Mint Garnish
- 4 oz. Water
- 4 oz. Vinegar
- 1 oz. Sugar
- ¼ oz. Salt
- ¼ tsp. Coriander Seed
- ¼ tsp. Black Peppercorns
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 2 Red Chilies
Prepare Pickled Chili.
- Prepare brine by combining all ingredients except chilies into a small saucepan.
- Bring to a simmer to dissolve sugar, set aside to cool.
- Slice chilies 1/8-inch thick.
- Add to brine, let rest for at least 1 hour.
Prepare Eggplant and Plate.
- Season eggplant with salt, and rest for 20 minutes. Rinse eggplant and pat dry.
- In a nonstick pan, sear eggplant until golden. Remove and rest.
- Add orange segments and edamame to a small bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt.
- Plate eggplant in shallow bowl, top with edamame and orange segments, dress with ponzu, garnish with pickled chilies, mint, and garlic chives.
- Serve and enjoy!