EATING HOUSE PAELLA
- Sauté Pan
Paella Base Sauce
- 1 Cup Chorizo Sausage
- 2 Cups Onions (Diced)
- 1 Cup Roasted Red Bell Pepper (Diced)
- 1 Cup Tomato (Diced)
- 1 tsp. Paprika
- 1 Tbs. Garlic (Chopped)
- 1 oz. Onion (Diced)
- 1 oz. Pimento (Diced)
- 1 tsp. Garlic
- 6 oz. Arborio Rice
- 1/2 Cup White Wine
- 4 Threads Of Saffron
- 1 qt. Lobster Stock
- 4 ea. Tiger Shrimp (Cleaned And Deveined)
- 6 ea. Clams
- 3 oz. Boneless, Medium-Diced Chicken Thigh
- 2 oz. Portuguese Sausage (Diced)
- 2 Cup Chicken Stock
Prepare Paella Base Sauce.
- Sauté chorizo, onions, and garlic until slightly brown.
- Combine tomatoes, roasted red bell peppers, and paprika.
- Turn heat down to low and allow to stew until tomatoes start to reduce and sauce thickens. Remove from heat and put aside.
- Sauté onions, garlic, and pimento with a little olive oil.
- Add rice, saffron, and white wine, stirring while the rice absorbs.
- Add 1⁄3 of the lobster stock, again waiting for the rice to absorb the stock.
- Add next 1⁄3 of the lobster stock and the paella base with diced chicken and Portuguese sausage.
- Once the stock starts to absorb into rice add clams, remaining lobster stock, and 2 C. chicken stock. Turn down the heat and add shrimp on top. Cover for 3 minutes. Remove cover and stir.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste; finish with fresh parsley.