- Small Saucepan
- 2 Slices Multigrain Bread Toasted
- 4 Tbsp. Béchamel Recipe Below
- 6 Stalks Roasted Asparagus
- 1 Roasted Roma Tomato Diced
- 2 Slices Jarlsberg Cheese
- 4 oz. Duroc Ham Sliced
- 2 Eggs Cooked Sunny-Side-Up
- 1 Tbsp. Butter
- 1 Tbsp. White Onion Minced
- ¼ tsp. Salt
- Pinch of Black Pepper
- 1 Tbsp. All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1 Bay Leaf
- ¼ Cup Parmesan Cheese
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion, salt, and pepper and allow to sweat for 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low, add flour, and cook for approximately 2 minutes.
- Add milk and bay leaf. Stir constantly until the sauce thickens. Stir in parmesan cheese.
Prepare Croque Wahine.
- Smear béchamel on each slice of toasted multigrain bread.
- Top each with sliced Duroc ham, 3 stalks of roasted asparagus, half of the roasted tomato, 1 slice of Jarlsberg cheese, and broil until brown.
- Finish with a sunny-side-up egg.