CRISPY CHICKEN SKIN BACON BLT
Photography by Mieko HorikoshiA great flavor change-up for your BLT sandwich! You can make it like a traditional BLT or the way I like to— on rye toast with our Ho Farm pickled Gherkin relish and caramelized Kula onion aioli.
- Mixing Bowl
- Two Sheet Pans
- Parchment Paper
- 3 Tbs. Real Maple Syrup
- 3 Tbs. Whole Grain Mustard
- 1 Clove Garlic (Thinly Sliced)
- 1 tsp. Fresh Lemon Juice
Chicken Skin Bacon
- 12 Chicken Skins
- Salt (To Taste)
- Pepper (To Taste)
- Mix all the ingredients well in a bowl. Let stand refrigerated for 1-2 hours
Prepare Chicken Skin Bacon.
- Preheat oven to 325. Place chicken skins flat on parchment paper on a sheet pan. Brush both sides lightly with vegetable oil and season with salt and pepper. Place parchment paper on top and then another sheet pan.
- Place in oven for approximately 45 minutes. Remove the top sheet pan and parchment paper and baste with glaze. Leave uncovered and bake for another 10-15 minutes more. Remove and cool.
- Construct sandwich to your liking and enjoy!