CREATING CANNABIS COCKTAILS - TINCTURES ( BASIC, VANILLA ORANGE, AND MINT )
- Small Mason Jar
- Coffee Filter
- Tincture Bottle ( Optional )
- 2 oz. Everclear or Bacardi 515
- 2 Grams or Roughly 4 tsp. Activated Cannabis
Vanilla Orange Tincture ( Additional Ingredients )
- 1 Tbsp. Diced Orange Peel Pith Removed
- ½ Vanilla Bean Quartered, With Seeds Removed and Added to Tincture
Mint Tincture ( Additional Ingredients )
- 1 tsp. Fresh Mint Diced
- Combine the activated cannabis (and additional ingredients for flavored tinctures) with the alcohol and steep at room temperature for 1 week, shaking the mixture once per day. Strain the alcohol mixture, reserving the herbs.
- Add the reserved herbs to 4 ounces of water. Bring to a boil. Cover, turn off the heat, and steep for 10 minutes. Strain out the herbs and add just enough of the herb tea to the alcohol infusion to result in a total of 2 1/2 ounces.
- Strain the alcohol-tea infusion through cheesecloth and again through a coffee filter into a small Mason jar.
- Winterization: Place the lid on the Mason jar and put it in the freezer overnight. The following day, take the Mason jar out of the freezer and immediately strain it through a coffee filter. Store in a tincture bottle with a dropper for easy 5-milligram dosing.