CREAM OF CHICKEN SOUP
Photography by Barry FrankelRecipe Adapted from edible Hawaiian IslandsOk, we know what you’re thinking – Really? Canned soup? – but imagine a natural disaster, days on end without electricity or running water, you need to feed your family 3+ meals a day and you’ve run out of creative ideas. Planning ahead to ensure your family is fed and nourished is probably the most important job other than keeping them safe. Step up and think ahead now – you can thank us later.
Servings: 4 People
- 2 15 oz. Cans Cream of Chicken Soup
- 2 15 oz. Coconut Milk
- 2 5 oz. Cans Chopped Chicken
- 2 15 oz. Cans Diced Potatoes
- 1 2 oz. Can Diced Green Chilies
- 1 15 oz. Can Corn
- 1 5 oz. Can Peas
- ¼ Cup Fried Onions
- Fresh Peppers
- Open all canned goods and heat gently just until warmed.
- Top with pepper and fried onions just before serving.
*Tip: Wipe clean the tops of all canned goods before opening.*