COCONUT MILK POACHED FRESH CATCH
Photography by Barry Frankel
Servings: 6 People
- Heavy Sauce Pan
- 6 6 oz. Pieces of Fresh Fish
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Red Onion Roughly Chopped
- 1" Piece of Fresh Galangal Peeled and Roughly Chopped
- 2 Lemongrass Stalks Trimmed and Finely Sliced
- 2 Tbsp. Fish Sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Brown Sugar
- 2 Cups Fresh Coconut Milk
- 4 Kaffir Lime Leaves
- 2 Hawaiian Chilies Crushed
- 1 Lime Juiced
- Place garlic, red onion, galangal, lemongrass, fish sauce, and brown sugar in a blender and process until finely blended.
- Add coconut milk and blend until combined.
- Transfer coconut mixture to a heavy saucepan.
- Crush kaffir lime leaves in your hand to release oils and add them to the coconut milk mixture.
- Heat to a gentle simmer and cook for 10 minutes allowing the flavors to infuse and the sauce to reduce slightly. Add lime juice.
- Strain and simmer before adding the fish. Gently poach fish for 4-5 minutes.
- Check for taste and add salt, pepper, and lime juice as desired.