CANDIED RUM MACADAMIA NUTS
- 2 Cups whole macadamia nuts, lightly roasted
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground allspice
- 2 tbsp Kōloa Rum Kaua‘i Cacao Rum
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp unsalted butter
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- To make the spice mix, place the spices in a small bowl and mix to combine.
- To make the glaze, place the glaze ingredients in a medium-size saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Add the macadamia nuts to the saucepan and cook until they are well coated and the pan is almost dry, about 1 minute. Spoon the spice mix over the nuts, 1 tablespoon at a time, until they are well coated.
- Transfer the macadamia nuts to the prepared sheet, separate with your hands or a fork, and let sit until completely dried, at least 1 hour and up to overnight.