CANH CHUA CHAY SWEET AND SOUR VEGETABLE SOUP
- Sauté Pan
Canh Chua Chay
- 1 ½ Cups Lemongrass Chili Satay (Recipe Below)
- 1 Quart Tamarind Water (Recipe Below)
- 1 Gallon of Water
- 5 Roma Tomatoes (Cut Into Wedges)
- 1 Pineapple (Medium Diced)
- ½ lb. Okra (Cut into ⅓)
- 1 lb. Bean Sprouts (Whole)
- 1 lb. Taro Stems (Cut Into Obliques)
- 1 Cup Fresh Shiitake Mushrooms (Sliced)
- ¼ lb. Rice Paddy Herb (Rough Chopped)
- 200 Grams Palm Sugar
- 90 Grams Fish Sauce
- 30 Grams Salt
- 1 Gallon Water
- 1 lb. Tamarind (Shells Removed)
Lemongrass Chili Satay
- 1 Cup Chili Oil⅓
- ½ Cup Onion (Diced)
- 2 Cup Lemongrass (Minced)
Prepare Tamarind Water.
- Combine in a pot and heat until tamarind melts.
- Strain to remove seeds.
Prepare Lemongrass Chili Satay.
- Cook in a sauté pan until evenly combined and heated through.
Prepare Canh Chua Chay.
- Bring satay, tamarind water, and regular water to a boil and add the vegetables.
- Simmer till cooked. Finish seasoning with sugar, fish sauce, and salt to taste. Should be sweet and sour.