- Potato Masher or Fork
- Extra Large Bowl
- Baking Sheet or Plate
- Slotted Spoon
- ½ lb. Yukon Gold Potatoes
- 2 Tbsp. Flat Leaf Parsley Minced
- ½ lb. Smoked Opah Flaked - Any Smoked Fish Will Do
- 2 Extra Large Farm Eggs Separated
- Salt & Pepper To Taste
- 2 Cups Panko Bread Crumbs
- Grapeseed Oil for Frying
- Flaky Sea Salt for After Frying
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and cook potatoes until tender. Peel, cube, and mash with a potato masher in an extra large bowl. Salt & pepper to taste.
- Flake smoked fish and mix into mashed potato mixture. Add parsley.
- Separate eggs. Lightly beat egg yolks and mix with potato mixture.
- Whip the egg whites until fluffy & stiff. Slowly fold egg whites into potato mixture and keep fluffy. Let sit.
- Roll potato mixture into golf ball sized balls. Roll balls in panko bread crumbs until fully covered. Set aside on a baking sheet until oil is ready.
- Heat oil till it shimmers. Using a slotted spoon, slowly place potato balls in the hot oil.
- Cook until golden brown. Drain balls on paper towels over a baking sheet. Season with flaky sea salt.
- Serve with lemon aioli on the side and enjoy!