Photography by Barry FrankelRecipe Adapted from edible Hawaiian IslandsThis is an adapted recipe for a traditional 3 bean salad – green beans, kidney beans, and garbanzo beans. When we checked our storage pantry, we had other varieties of beans so we adapted the recipe and added fried onions for a little crunch.
- 1 15 oz. Can Green Beans Drained
- 1 15 oz. Can Black Beans Drained
- 1 12 oz. Can Lima Beans Drained
- 1 15 oz. Can Sliced Carrots Drained
- 1 15 oz. Can Dark Kidney Beans Drained
- 1 15 oz. Can Corn Drained
- 2 Tbsp. of Any Acid Lemon Juice, Vinegar, ect.
- Black Pepper To Taste
- Fried Onions
- Combine all drained canned goods in a large bowl.
- Mix in vinegar dressing and top with fried onions.
Save all the liquid for another use. This bean salad will taste better ice cold. Make the salad in a large zip lock bag and find a water source to chill salad before serving.