AVOCADO STEAK POKE
Recipe Courtesy of edible Hawaiian IslandsPhotography by Mieko Horikoshi
- Small Frying Pan
- 8 oz. Grass Fed Local Beef Filet
- 2 Ripe Avocados
- ½ lb. Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 Small Maui Onion
- 4 Large Whole Garlic Cloves Sliced
- 1 Lemon
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper To Taste
- In a small frying pan heat 4 tablespoons of olive oil and gently fry garlic slices. Be careful not to burn the garlic. Remove from olive oil on a paper town, season with salt, and allow garlic to cool.
Prepare Steak and Vegetables.
- Grill steak, seasoning with salt and pepper. Let steak rest for 10 minutes and cube into ½” bite-size pieces. Reserve.
- Halve avocado, peel and remove seed, cut in 1/2” bite-size pieces, squeeze with lemon, and reserve.
- Cut cherry tomatoes in half, reserve.
- Chop onion in ½” dice, reserve.
- Gently combine all ingredients, plate and serve.