AHI CARPACCIO WITH PICKLED GARLIC
Recipe by Executive Chef Ron Miller of Hukilau Lanai, Kapa'a Kaua'i.Photography courtesy of Krissi Miller.
- 4 oz. Raw Peeled Local Garlic (Little End Removed)
- ¼ Cup Fresh Lemon Juice
- ¼ Cup Water
- 1 tsp. Rice Vinegar
- 1 tsp. White Soy Sauce
- 1 Pinch Salt
- Peel garlic and remove the hard little end piece.
- Thinly slice (or chop) the garlic, but not too small.
- Place all ingredients in a saucepan and cook over very low heat for about 35 to 40 minutes. Most of the liquid will evaporate. The garlic will soften and mellow.
- Cool and use wherever you want a little garlic lemon kick.
- Thinly slice fresh Ahi and arrange on a chilled plate.
- Add pickled garlic, salt & pepper taste.
- Feel free to add small amounts of homemade mustard, capers, or arugula. Be creative.
We like to showcase the pickled garlic on fresh fish.