AHI, AVOCADO, PAPAYA SALAD
Photography by Mieko Horikoshi
- ½ lb. Fresh Ahi
- 1 Tbsp. Oil
- 1 Ripe Hawaiian Papaya
- 1 Ripe Local Avocado
- 4 Cups Cleaned, Dried Local Lettuce Such As Butter Lettuce
- Fresh Lime Juice
- Salt and Pepper
- Salt and pepper the fresh ahi steak and grill the fish in a hot pan with oil. Cook to your taste but do not overcook. Most people like the ahi steak rare. Set aside to cool then cube it in ½” cubes.
- Cut the papaya in half, seed and peel and cube it in ½” cubes.
- Cut the avocado in half, seed and peel and cube it in ½” cubes. Squeeze lime juice and set it aside.
- Arrange the lettuce on a platter and add ahi, papaya, and avocado. You can be as creative as you like by arranging the salad together. Top with a drizzle of papaya seed dressing ( https://ediblehi.com/papaya-seed-dressing/ )