A WINNING COCKTAIL – POI DOG
- Mixing Tin
- Collins Glass
- 1½ oz. Ocean Organic Vodka
- 2½ oz. Fresh-Squeezed Pomelo Or Grapefruit Juice
- 3/4 oz. Yuzu Citrus (Recipe Below)
- 1/4 oz. Yuzu Juice
- 1/2 oz. Lemon Juice
- 3/4 oz. Thai Basil And Black Peppercorn Syrup (Recipe Below)
- 1 Tbs. Whole Black Peppercorns
- 1/2 Tbs. Cracked Peppercorns
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 7 Stems Of Basil (Plus One Sprig For Garnish)
Prepare Yuzu Citrus.
- Mix yuzu juice and lemon juice.
Prepare Thai Basil And Black Peppercorn Syrup.
- In a saucepan, roast whole black peppercorns + cracked peppercorns over high heat for 6 minutes (until aromatic).
- Add 1C. water + 1C. sugar. Stir, bring to a boil, let cool.
- Add stems of Thai basil, rest overnight.
- Strain syrup to remove peppercorns and basil.
- Rim half of Collins glass with salt and pepper.
- In a mixing tin, combine Ocean Organic Vodka, Thai basil and black peppercorn syrup, yuzu citrus, and fresh-squeezed pomelo or grapefruit juice and shake for 10 seconds.
- Strain over fresh ice into Collins glass.
- Garnish with one sprig of Thai basil and enjoy!